I'm happy, I'm sad, I want to cry, I want to laugh, I'm concerned, I'm carefree, I want to love, I want to hate, I want to be nice, I want to be a bitch! I want to hug and I want to kick...one day its AS IF I CARE...and d other day its YES I WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Monday, February 1, 2010

A STEP FORWARD IN "MARATHI APPEASEMENT" POLICY
Parochialism in Indian politics is not new. Although the practice was vivaciously molded recently by the Cong-NCP led Maharashtra Govt. announcing their step 'to forward' the on-going Marathi appeasement policy. I feel this decision which requires drivers of privately owned fleet taxis services in Mumbai to know to read, write and speak in Marathi is completely baseless and adheres to vote bank politics. Not only the proposed diktat unconstitutional, but it also serves as a catalyst to provoke fissiparous and divisive forces.
The Maharashtra Govt's new rules for taxi drivers(most of them belong to north India) reflects political as well as language chauvinism. It is a blot on the diversity, unity and integrity of our nation.
I strongly feel that the Indian media who provide NATIONAL PUBLICITY to parties like Shiv Sena and MNS should also be held responsible for such audacity shown by these parties. It is clear that CM. Ashok Chavan has tried to deviate the support of the Shiv Sena and MNS and has therefore championed the cause propagated by Raj Thackeray.
It is high time that we stand together against these forces of divisive politics who are carrying forward and cementing the British legacy of divide and rule again.

3 comments:

  1. quite true ... i totally agree with u .

    parties like shiv sena hav been a big threat to the democracy.... if they so badly want good of mumbai (or BOMBAY) they shud do smthng abt the security of the city after experiencing the inhuman 26/11 attacks.

    they are criminals in the disguise of "moral police"

    we've got to stand up against these brainless power holders !

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i totally agree....with u....ppl like bal thackeray shud be detained and barred from contesting elections and sharing power!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i solove the ending! specially "and cementing the British legacy of divide and rule again." <3 <3

    ReplyDelete